Tuesday 19 August 2014

Introduction

Essentially I'm writing this blog to keep track of my family history research. As well as noting down what I've found out about my ancestors, I also thought it would be a good idea to record how I found it for future reference. Then I'd figured I'd share it on a blog because sometimes by reading what others have done helps overcome those brickwalls in the family tree - or at least gives ideas of what to try next. I'll also include tips and tricks I pick up on my journey plus anything else I feel relevant.

I first started researching my family history over ten years ago (I don't remember exactly when but it was definitely a few years before the 1911 census was released). Back then I didn't find out much more than what I already knew and due to various reasons it got put aside. Sometime last year I dug out the few notes I could still find and essentially started again. So, I'm not a complete beginner, but I am still very much learning as I go.

Over the next few posts I'm going to summerised what I've already researched, from then on, I'll update as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment