Friday 22 August 2014

What I Already Know - The Dunning/Tatlow Line

This has so far been the easiest line to trace in my family. Although I haven't gone in to much detail about each person in my research I have got back to ancestors born in the 1700s without too many problems. Hopefully this will continue now I've got to the pre-registration years.

However, I've largely been concentrating on the nearer ancestors. With all of the First World War things going on at the moment, it seemed like a good time to find out about my great-grandfather, William Henry DUNNING, and  my 2x Great-Grandfather Archibald Joseph TATLOW who both fought in the war. As yet I've not had much luck finding war records for William although there's apparently a letter advising his family that he had been taken prisoner which I need to track down within the family. I do have the pension records for Archibald though.

No comments:

Post a Comment